Siberian Spring, goodbye March, hello April!

Well, March certainly lived up to its "in like a lamb, out like a lion" reputation!  We've been really lucky here in Comrie, we've had hardly any snow over the last month, it's just been bitterly cold. Anyway, April is well underway and spring can't be too far behind.....can it?!

I was selling my ware at the fantastic Lady Magpie and Me Spring Fair this weekend.  It was supposed to take place on the 23rd March, but due to the ridiculous amount of snow they had in our Siberian Spring, the event had to be postponed.  There were STILL snow drifts, in places, of about 3 feet deep!! 

I have never really been down to Dumfries and Galloway, in the bottom left hand corner (technical term obviously!) of Scotland before, and I don't know why. Castle Douglas was so pretty and had a really lovely "feel" about it.  I didn't get much of a chance to explore the town but I will definitely be back in the future!  Now, this is where I should insert lots of lovely pictures of the buildings in the town and the quirky shops and even the aforementioned snow drifts but.......I forgot to take my camera! Mahoosive FAIL on my part!

So I have NO photos of all the lovely stalls and vintage goodies on offer at the fair.  The magnificent bread and hot cross buns that were for sale opposite my stall, the AMAZING cakes and cups of tea being sold by Mrs Greens Tearoom! But if you hop over to the Lady Magpie and Me blog or Facebook page you can find the detail of all the stall holders and some fantastic pictures!

I've also been a busy bee, updating my Etsy shop and have listed all of my new screen print designs and also the few canvas tote bags that I have left! So don't delay and miss out!


I am going to add an Events page to the top of the blog, (I've put it on my To Do list, and now I've told you, I'll HAVE to do it!) which will have details of upcoming exhibitions, craft fairs, art markets and open studios events where you can come along and see my work in "the real world" and have a chat!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts