{ Sneaky Peek } A Diamond Anniversary card

I was commissioned to make a paper cut card for a very special couple celebrating their Diamond Wedding Anniversary, 60 years, something to truly be celebrated.
 
Where to start with a commission, the awful prospect of a blank sheet of paper!
The commissioner had seen my work before and liked the idea of having two birds, a heart and leaves, so to the scribbles. 
 
 
I start with a few thumbnail sketches to get the idea fixed on paper, to try out a few of ideas, get the major components in the right places and the overall proportion and composition "right"!
 
At this point I tend to walk away and let the ideas circle through my sub conscious and thought for the rest of the day.  Somehow this "sets" the idea of how I should cut the piece and I can develop the design a bit further.
 
 
And then BINGO! It all clicks into place and the design flows from the pencil onto the paper.
 
 
A bit of time and patience and here it is, all cut out.

 
I backed the paper cut with a lovely matt gold paper which gave the card a lovely glow and I'm told the special couple were delighted with their card.



Comments

Popular Posts